Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chalk Mat

My little family is gearing up for a trip to Orlando! We are super excited and ready to get going, James asks everyday when we are going to go!
I am excited, but for me getting ready for a trip is like preparing for combat. I do the usual packing planning, who needs what for the trip. Then, of course, the actual packing. But my favorite part of the trip battle plan is the activities for the kids. I love finding and making fun things for the kiddos to do.
This trip we are going to road test Chalk Mats.

Needed:
chalk cloth (fabric store or online)
2 same size squares of thick fabric
Velcro
two ribbons (made or bought)

Sew your cut chalk cloth to one layer of fabric then face the two sides together and sew on just 3 sides. Pull it right side out. Fold inward and sew the 4th side and continue all the way around. It gives it a nicer look and I think makes it sturdier. Attach your closure ribbon to one side and your Velcro cloth holder and chalk holder pocket to the other side.
All done but the fun!!
Make sure you prepare your chalk cloth before using it. You simply rub it down with chalk and wipe off. I you ever wash it off with water you will have to prep it again.
 handy dandy wiper holder. A tie and a strip of Velcro to secure it in place when not in use. choose a semi-fluffy and soft fabric scrap for this dirty job.

And then make yourself a little pocket for all the colorful chalk you need for making your masterpieces

All rolled up and ready to go!

0 comments: